A Writer's Notebook: Unlocking the Writer Within You
- List Price:
- Buy New: $2.78
as of 8/23/2014 01:58 EDT details
- You Save: $3.21 (54%)
- Seller:Wordery USA
- Sales Rank:4,031
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):7.5 x 5.1 x 0.4
- Publication Date:July 29, 2003
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Summary: Discuss the various kinds of things to keep in a writer's notebook - seed ideas, mind pictures, lists, memories, samples of other writer's work - and why.
Writers are like other people, except for at least one important difference. Other people have daily thoughts and feelings, notice this sky or that smell, but they don't do much about it.
Not writers. Writers react. And writers need a place to record those reactions. That's what a writer's notebook is for. It gives you a place to write down what makes you angry or sad or amazed, to write down what you noticed and don't want to forget . . . .
Ages 8-12. Fans of Harriet the Spy who want to try keeping their own writer's notebook will appreciate this inspiring handbook. Written in a direct, non-condescending style, writer-to-writer, it offers realistic, experienced advice on how to keep notes and use them to create stories and poems. Fletcher, author of the ALA Notable children's book Fig Pudding, fleshes the book out with numerous examples from his own notebooks and from those of other writers, child and adult.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.