Superparenting for ADD: An Innovative Approach to Raising Your Distracted Child
- List Price:
- Buy New: $7.66
as of 3/16/2014 01:35 EDT details
- You Save: $7.34 (49%)
- Seller:BRILANTI BOOKS
- Sales Rank:13,008
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.4
- Dimensions (in):8 x 5.3 x 0.6
- Publication Date:February 23, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
With decades of experience working with ADD children, Dr. Edward Hallowell has long argued that ADD is too often misunderstood, mistreated, and mislabeled as a “disability.” Now he teams up with top academic ADD researcher Peter S. Jensen, M.D., to bring you an invaluable new approach to helping your ADD child. Superparenting for ADD offers a specific game plan including
• UNCONDITIONAL LOVE Tune out the diagnosticians and simply nourish the spirit of your child for who he is.
• VIEWING THE MIRROR TRAITS Recognize the positive sides of the negative symptoms associated with ADD: stubbornness = persistence; impulsiveness = creativity; intrusiveness = eagerness.
• THE CYCLE OF EXCELLENCE Nurture an environment in which a child can safely take risks, reserve time to let a child dabble as a way to learn, encourage playful practice, support mastery of a skill, and then recognize a child’s accomplishments.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.