Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community, 8e
- List Price:
- Buy New: $46.00
as of 4/17/2014 04:21 EDT details
- You Save: $69.00 (60%)
- Sales Rank:7,470
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):4.2
- Dimensions (in):10.8 x 8.5 x 1.3
- Publication Date:October 11, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Also Available In:
- Paperback - Public Health Nursing 8th (egith) edition
- Hardcover - Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community, 8e 8th (Eighth) Edition
- Paperback - Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community, 8e (Edition 8) by Stanhope RN DSN FAAN, Marcia, Lancaster RN PhD FAAN, Jea [Paperback(2011£©]
- Paperback - Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community 8th (eighth) edition
- Paperback - Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community, 8e
- Paperback - Public Health Nursing - Revised Reprint: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community, 8e (Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community)
- Paperback - Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community, 8e 8th (eighth) Edition by Stanhope RN DSN FAAN, Marcia, Lancaster RN PhD FAAN, Jea published by Mosby (2011) Paperback
Now in its 8th edition, the "gold standard" in community health nursing provides comprehensive and up-to-date content to keep you at the forefront of the ever-changing community health climate and prepare you for an effective nursing career. In addition to a solid foundation in concepts and interventions for individuals, families, and communities, you will find real-life applications of the public nurse's role, Healthy People 2020 initiatives, new chapters on forensics and genomics, plus timely coverage of disaster management and important client populations such as pregnant teens, the homeless, immigrants, and more.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes illustrate how the latest research findings apply to public/community health nursing.
- Separate chapters on disease outbreak investigation and disaster management describe the nurse's role in surveilling public health and managing these types of threats to public health.
- Separate unit on the public/community health nurse's role describes the different roles and functions of the public/community health nurse within the community.
- Levels of Prevention boxes show how community/public health nurses deliver health care interventions at the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels of prevention.
- What Do You Think?, Did You Know?, and How To? boxes use practical examples and critical thinking exercises to illustrate chapter content.
- The Cutting Edge highlights significant issues and new approaches to community-oriented nursing practice.
- Practice Application provides case studies with critical thinking questions.
- Separate chapters on community health initiatives thoroughly describe different approaches to promoting health among populations.
- Appendixes offer additional resources and key information, such as screening and assessment tools and clinical practice guidelines.
- Linking Content to Practice boxes provide real-life applications for chapter content.
- NEW! Healthy People 2020 feature boxes highlight the goals and objectives for promoting health and wellness over the next decade.
- NEW! The Nurse in Forensics chapter focuses on the unique role of forensic nurses in public health and safety, interpersonal violence, mass violence, and disasters.
- NEW! Genomics in Public Health Nursing chapter includes a history of genetics and genomics and their impact on public/community health nursing care.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.