Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 5e (Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing (Fortinash))
- List Price:
- Buy New: $44.99
as of 8/29/2014 12:50 EDT details
- You Save: $48.96 (52%)
- Sales Rank:10,419
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):3
- Dimensions (in):10.8 x 8.4 x 1
- Publication Date:September 28, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Focusing on what psychiatric nurses actually do in everyday practice, Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 5th Edition, uses a balanced nursing-medical approach to cover all of the most common disorders and treatments. The text's full-color illustrations and straightforward style help you make sense of challenging material. And its strong emphasis on the nursing process, updated DSM-IV-TR diagnostic criteria, interdisciplinary interventions, and the latest mental health practices boost your confidence in managing clients and prepare you for success on the NCLEX¨ examination.
- UNIQUE! Balanced nursing-medical approach offers strong baseline coverage of the nursing process and interdisciplinary interventions and focuses on what psychiatric nurses actually do.
- Complete coverage of the nursing process features the six-step problem-solving method and how to put it into practice.
- DSM-IV-TR Criteria boxes list categories of mental disorders and the criteria for diagnosing them.
- Nursing care plans provide care guidelines for each plan and include a brief case study, followed by assessment, diagnosis, goal setting, interventions with rationales, and evaluation.
- UNIQUE! Clinical Alert boxes address issues critical to the safety or well-being of the client.
- Case studies depict effective nursing care strategies and promote critical thinking.
- Research for Evidence-Based Practice boxes discuss the implications of current research studies.
- Client and Family Teaching Guidelines boxes focus on the issues confronting families when a member suffers from mental illness.
- UNIQUE! Medication Key Facts boxes highlight the most common psychopharmacologic interventions along with safe and effective use.
- Nursing Assessment Questions boxes include questions that should be asked in the assessment of a particular disorder.
- Clinical Symptoms boxes help you apply content to the real world.
- Additional Treatment Modalities boxes summarize other modalities and interventions used in conjunction with nursing interventions in the treatment of a particular disorder.
- Chapter summaries conclude each chapter with the most significant ideas to remember.
- Review questions with answers in the appendix offer immediate reinforcement of chapter content and help you prepare for the NCLEX Examination.
- Glossary provides concise definitions of key terms.
- Objectives and key terms emphasize the most important concepts from each chapter.
- UNIQUE! Enhanced readability makes it easier for you to grasp difficult material.
- UNIQUE! Concept map highlights the nurse's role in psychiatric care.
- NEW! Adaption to Stress chapter covers basic neuroanatomy and the psychobiological aspects of psychiatric disorders, and shows you how to manage stress.
- NEW! Forensic Nursing in Clinical Practice chapter explains current therapies used in the treatment of physiological and psychological health problems and demonstrates the importance of the nurse's role in providing holistic nursing care.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.