Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, 2e
- List Price:
- Buy New: $77.20
as of 5/21/2013 19:46 EDT details
- You Save: $33.75 (30%)
- Sales Rank:27,579
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):7.6
- Dimensions (in):8.5 x 2.4 x 10.9
- Publication Date:December 31, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
No other quick reference comes close in covering the diagnosis and treatment of hundreds of diseases in dogs and cats. Etienne Cote's Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, 2nd Edition is like six books in one -- with concise topics within sections on diseases and disorders, procedures and techniques, differential diagnosis, laboratory tests, clinical algorithms, and a drug formulary. Revised from cover to cover, this edition includes dozens of new topics. It also includes free access to a fully searchable companion website featuring an electronic version of the text, all of the book's images, a searchable drug formulary, and 150 Client Education Sheets in both English and Spanish.
- Section I: Diseases and Disorders provides at-a-glance coverage of nearly 800 common medical problems, arranged alphabetically for immediate access. Entries include a definition, synonyms, epidemiology, clinical presentation, etiology and pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, workup, treatment, prognosis and outcome, plus pearls and considerations. Concise descriptions simplify diagnosis and treatment.
- Section II: Procedures and Techniques offers illustrated, step-by-step instructions for understanding and performing 111 important clinical procedures.
- Section III: Differential Diagnosis displays nearly every possible cause for 260 different clinical disorders.
- Section IV: Laboratory Tests summarizes essential information needed for interpreting more than 150 lab tests.
- Section V: Clinical Algorithms provides decision trees for the diagnostic and therapeutic decision-making processes involved in managing 91 of the most common clinical conditions/disorders.
- Section VI: Drug Formulary is a compilation of dosages and other relevant information for more than 300 new and current medications.
- 410 illustrations and photographs depict disease processes and related concepts.
- A companion website includes the complete text of the book in a fully searchable format, allowing quick access to information, and all of the book's images. It also includes 150 Client Education Sheets, each available in both English and Spanish.
- Clinical guidance added to diseases and disorders chapters helps you select appropriate tests and treatments for each case.
- 50 new client "how-to" handouts are added for a total of 150 client education sheets, helping to improve outcomes by informing clients.
- Technician Tips are inserted throughout nearly 800 diseases and disorders, providing specialized information for veterinary technicians.
- Enhanced electronic image collection on the companion website includes color images and additional figures not found in the text.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.