Pedretti's Occupational Therapy: Practice Skills for Physical Dysfunction, 7e (Occupational Therapy Skills for Physical Dysfunction (Pedretti))
- List Price:
- Buy New: $73.38
as of 1/27/2015 14:37 EST details
- You Save: $31.62 (30%)
- Sales Rank:21,780
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):6.6
- Dimensions (in):10.9 x 8.9 x 2.2
- Publication Date:January 3, 2012
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Used Book in Good Condition
Using a comprehensive, case-based learning approach, Pedretti's Occupational Therapy: Practice Skills for Physical Dysfunction, 7th Edition provides a thorough introduction to occupational therapy practice and prepares you to work with adults who have physical disabilities. 48 chapters cover everything from OT history, theory, process, and practice to evaluation, intervention, performance skills, and client factors. Significant updates have been made to this edition, including a new full-color design and new content on polytrauma and advances in prosthetics and assistive technologies. This leading text also offers a wide range of helpful features, such as threaded case studies, OT practice notes, and ethical considerations that help you apply content to a clinical setting.
- UNIQUE! Threaded case studies help you apply key concepts to real-life situations.
- UNIQUE! OT Practice Notes convey important considerations for professional practice.
- UNIQUE! Ethical Considerations highlight information you need to know to practice ethically.
- Client-centered perspective uses the terminology set forth by the updated 2008 OT Practice Framework to help you include the client when making treatment decisions.
- Evidence-based content includes clinical trials and outcome studies where appropriate.
- Cultural diversity/sensitivity familiarizes you with diverse client populations and situations you may encounter in professional practice.
- UNIQUE! Information on prevention moves your OT comprehension beyond just intervention and treatment.
- Student Resources on Evolve feature video clips, review questions, crossword puzzles, learning activities, forms for practice, and more to aid your understanding of key concepts.
- Key terms, chapter outlines, and chapter objectives lay out the information you can expect to learn from a chapter.
- Chapter on polytrauma, post-traumatic stress disorder, and injuries related to the War on Terror teaches you how to provide OT services to this unique population.
- Content covers new advances in prosthetics and assistive technologies, and provides more up-to-date assessment and interventions for TBI problems related to cognitive and visual perception.
- Full-color design visually clarifies important concepts.
- Video clips on the companion Evolve website vividly demonstrate a variety of OT interventions.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.