Mosby's Pocket Guide to Cultural Health Assessment, 4e (Nursing Pocket Guides)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $26.00
as of 4/21/2014 06:03 EDT details
- You Save: $20.95 (45%)
- Sales Rank:182,681
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.9
- Dimensions (in):7.7 x 5.8 x 1.1
- Publication Date:December 3, 2007
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
With all of the cultural and ethnic information that could affect patient and family care, POCKET GUIDE TO CULTURAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT, 4th Edition is the perfect portable yet complete reference. This guide discusses the clinical implications of ethnic populations from over 170 countries with a wealth of information on each-from languages spoken to health care beliefs and practices to eye contact. Ideal for everyday use, this handbook is the most comprehensive and portable resource on the market for patient care.
- Alphabetically organized by country with all sections presented consistently to give you quick access to important cultural information.
- Presents comprehensive content on all cultural aspects that affect patient assessment.
- Includes brief descriptions of each country's topography and provides maps to illustrate potential environmental etiologies of an illness.
- Updated international childhood immunization schedules and the latest information from the World Health Organization provide the most up-to-date healthcare standards from around the world.
- Extensive bibliographies give you resources for further information.
- A streamlined and concise format with thumb tabs dividing each section makes this pocket guide the perfect quick reference tool.
- Thoroughly updated content includes new country names and their demographics, patient data, health care practices, and other cultural implications that affect care of today's culturally diverse patient population.
- New international contributors bring together a wealth of information on the specifics of care for patients from over 170 countries.
- Includes more historical and political information for each country to provide current background information.
- Increased emphasis on how a population appears in the worldview and how their religion affect decision-making gives you a fuller perspective on each country's culture.
- More information on naturalistic healing and practices helps you treat patients from a variety of backgrounds.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.