Mosby's Paramedic Refresher and Review - Revised Reprint: A Case Studies Approach, 2e
- Buy New: $138.52
as of 8/1/2014 06:58 EDT details
- Seller:-Daily Deals-
- Sales Rank:393,939
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.3
- Dimensions (in):0.6 x 8.3 x 10.8
- Publication Date:November 8, 2006
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This revised reprint is now updated to reflect the new 2005 emergency cardiac care guidelines. Using a case-based approach, it offers the most realistic view of prehospital emergency care. This unique text is the only case-based text available covering all of the information needed for paramedic refresher and certification preparation and review. In a concise, user-friendly format, the text features basic concepts of patient assessment and treatment, incorporating anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology in the context of actual patient encounters. Each chapter presents several real-life emergency scenarios. Questions and answers follow for immediate feedback.
- Unique! The only case-based text on the market today for paramedics who are recertifying or taking the National Registry exam for the first time.
- The case-based approach uses actual patient encounters for realistic learning and increased retention to make information more easily applicable in the field.
- The text relates anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology to patient signs and symptoms to promote understanding at the most basic levels, which means a more thorough grasp of the topic and better performance in the field.
- Content overviews! Each chapter provides a brief summary of the subject matter and integrates the content into patient scenarios to maximize comprehension.
- Each case includes the final diagnosis and outcomes based on actual patient situations.
- Questions, Answers, and Outcomes in each chapter encourage critical thinking skills and help the reader appreciate the consequences of decisions.A concise, one-column design provides a user-friendly format.
- Updated to reflect the new 2005 emergency cardiac care guidelines.
- Two new chapters - Scene Management and Weapons of Mass Destruction.
- Updated throughout to reflect the most current research, updated pharmacologic interventions, and new treatment standards.
- Chapters have been organized in the order of the National Standard Curriculum (NSC).
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.