Contemporary Orthodontics e-dition: Text with Continually Updated Online Reference, 4e
- List Price:
- Buy New: $164.74
as of 12/8/2013 11:29 EST details
- You Save: $58.26 (26%)
- Sales Rank:1,266,847
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):5.4
- Dimensions (in):1.7 x 8.9 x 11.4
- Publication Date:January 19, 2007
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Now it's easier than ever to stay on the leading edge of orthodontics with this acclaimed text. Keep a reference copy at your desk and go online from any computer to instantly search the entire contents whenever and wherever you need authoritative guidance. The e-dition gives you continually updated information on diagnosis, treatment planning, technologies, controversies, and more.
- An introductory chapter on the state of malocclusion and dentofacial deformity in society today paves the way for the basic concepts of orthodontics and dentition problems during different stages of development.
- Several chapters provide detailed information on diagnosis, treatment planning concepts and related problems or controversies.
- Covers related interdisciplinary treatment approaches, when appropriate, to elucidate the orthodontist's potential role in an overall team treatment environment.
The website includes:
- Instant access to all of the book's topics.
- Frequent updates of content prepared by the authors.
- Links to the text's references and to professional websites.
- An electronic image collection that you can download for review of key principles and presentations to colleagues or students.
The book's 4th edition includes:
- A NEW full-color design with over 1,400 new color clinical photographs and illustrations.
- Application of the "soft tissue paradigm" to modern orthodontic practice.
- Critical evaluation of controversies in treatment approaches and treatment timing.
- NEW information on the use of cone beam CT for 3-dimensional evaluation of dental and facial dimensions and relationships, and 3-D superimpositions to evaluate treatment response.
- Problem-oriented treatment planning, with use of digital technology.
- Updated content on biomechanics and modern orthodontic appliance systems.
- NEW skeletal anchorage techniques using bone anchors and mini screws.
- Chapters on adult treatment featuring the sequencing of multidisciplinary treatment, application of skeletal anchorage, the new approach to lingual orthodontics, and surgical vs. orthodontic treatment options.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.