Pediatric Physical Examination: An Illustrated Handbook, 1e
- List Price:
- Buy New: $30.00
as of 12/6/2013 01:32 EST details
- You Save: $28.95 (49%)
- Sales Rank:107,070
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1
- Dimensions (in):9 x 6.2 x 0.7
- Publication Date:March 10, 2006
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This portable, photographic guide for nurse practitioners describes how to develop the unique range of skills required to assess children of all ages. Not often learned in the context of adult assessment, these skills help in easily and effectively examining children from childbirth through young adulthood. System chapters begin with the development of the fetus and take the reader through the key developmental stages of childhood. For infants and young children, this guide uses the "quiet-to-active" approach, popular among pediatric experts and more effective than the traditional head-to-toe approach.
- Over 200 photos and line drawings allow the reader to learn visually.
- Uses the quiet-to-active approach to pediatric examination, starting with listening and moving on to touching.
- Unique coverage of assessment of the preterm infant.
- Environmental Health History chapter covers the assessment of environmental risk factors in children.
- Quick-reference text boxes focus on abnormal conditions.
- Information Gathering boxes display questions and data needed from the patient/guardian.
- Key Points emphasize developmental and cultural factors in assessing a child.
- Charting examples show how to record physical findings in the medical record.
- Pediatric Pearls highlight key physical findings and techniques to improve pediatric examinations.
- An easy-access two-column style provides concise information.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.