The Practical Stylist: The Classic Guide to Style
- List Price:
- Buy New: $10.14
as of 4/18/2014 01:31 EDT details
- You Save: $7.46 (42%)
- Sales Rank:156,042
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.9
- Dimensions (in):9.1 x 6.3 x 0.6
- Publication Date:July 9, 2005
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9780321333490
- Notes: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Based on the premise that all writing involves arguing a thesis, this classic, authoritative rhetoric presents the essential tools for writing graceful, persuasive essays. Emphasizing thesis and the structural integrity of the essay, The Practical Stylist provides a variety of organizational techniques to help students create sound essays, while the expository modes such as description, narration, and exposition are presented as strategies for supporting a thesis. Numerous essay models are provided to illustrate the principles of organization and explore the dynamics of language. A research paper chapter discusses online sources and the computerized library, and a brief handbook section provides help with grammar issues.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.