Five Views on Biblical Inerrancy (Counterpoints: Bible and Theology)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $10.07
as of 11/25/2014 21:07 EST details
- You Save: $9.92 (50%)
- Sales Rank:206,129
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.7
- Dimensions (in):5.3 x 0.9 x 8
- Publication Date:December 10, 2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
There is little doubt that the inerrancy of the Bible is a current and often contentious topic among evangelicals. Five Views on Biblical Inerrancy represents a timely contribution by showcasing the spectrum of evangelical positions on inerrancy, facilitating understanding of these perspectives, particularly where and why they diverge.
Each essay in Five Views on Biblical Inerrancy considers:
- the present context and the viability and relevance for the contemporary evangelical Christian witness;
- whether and to what extent Scripture teaches its own inerrancy;
- the position’s assumed/implied understandings of the nature of Scripture, God, and truth; and
- three difficult biblical texts, one that concerns intra-canonical contradictions, one that raises questions of theological plurality, and one that concerns historicity.
Five Views on Biblical Inerrancy serves not only as a single-volume resource for surveying the current debate, but also as a catalyst both for understanding and advancing the conversation further. Contributors include Al Mohler, Kevin Vanhoozer, Michael Bird, Peter Enns, and John Franke.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.