Teaching of Instrumental Music (4th Edition)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $91.64
as of 9/16/2014 01:24 EDT details
- You Save: $24.56 (21%)
- Sales Rank:33,806
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.1
- Dimensions (in):10.8 x 8.5 x 0.6
- Publication Date:January 25, 2010
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Brand Name: Baker and Taylor Mfg#: 9780205660179
- Shipping Weight: 2.10 lbs
- All music products are properly licensed and guaranteed authentic.
This book introduces music education majors to basic instrumental pedagogy for the instruments and ensembles most commonly found in the elementary and secondary curricula. This text focuses on the core competencies required for teacher certification in instrumental music. The first section of the book focuses on essential issues for a successful instrumental program: objectives, assessment and evaluation, motivation, administrative tasks, and recruiting and scheduling (including block scheduling). The second section devotes a chapter to each wind instrument plus percussion and strings, and includes troubleshooting checklists for each instrument. The third section focuses on rehearsal techniques from the first day through high school.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.