Foundations of American Education: Perspectives on Education in a Changing World (14th Edition)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $5.57
as of 7/28/2014 09:31 EDT details
- You Save: $139.76 (96%)
- Seller:THE BOOK WORM
- Sales Rank:758,549
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.4
- Publication Date:January 14, 2007
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Education, Foundations of American Education: Perspectives on Education in a Changing World (14th Edition)
- Perspectives on Education in a Changing World (14th Edition)
- ASIN: 0205514693
- Product Details Paperback: 514 pages Publisher: Allyn & Bacon; 14 edition (January 14, 2007) Language: English ISBN-10: 0205514693 ISBN-13: 978-0205514694 Product Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.5 x 0.8 inches Shipping Weight: 2.2 pounds
- New to this Edition: New Theme! This new edition is framed by the theme "Perspectives on Education in a Changing World." The new theme focuses on the diversity of perspectives within education and how these perspectives are affected by changes within American society and the larger world community. New Case Studies! Each chapter begins with a real-life case study featuring current news in education and also a series of reflection questions to tie these cases to personal teaching experience. New Chapter! New to this edition, Chapter 13 on Technology in a Changing World, covers basic technology concepts to help new teachers better integrate technology into their classrooms. MyLabSchool Activities! Each chapter of the new edition contains a section correlated to MyLabSchool, a collection of online tools developed to help students transition from student to teacher. Updated Emphasis! In response to readers' feedback, this new edition has increased coverage on current events and legislation in American classrooms. Coverage of teacher certification and certification testing is found in chapters 1, 5, and 11. Expanded coverage of No Child Left Behind and its effects is found in chapters 2, 3, and 4.
Keeping pace with current issues and professional requirements, such as standards and teacher certification, this classic text offers solid coverage of the foundations of education.
This best-selling text by respected authorities in their fields continues to develop successful teachers by providing a broad introduction to the foundations of education through interesting and current discussions of theory and practice. The book offers a thorough overview of the historical, legal, philosophical, social, and practical aspects of American education. This new edition is framed by the theme “Perspectives on Education in a Changing World”, as well as a new chapter on technology
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.