Schools That Work: Where All Children Read and Write (3rd Edition)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $16.13
as of 12/19/2013 00:23 EST details
- You Save: $34.37 (68%)
- Sales Rank:253,324
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.2
- Dimensions (in):0.6 x 7.3 x 9
- Publication Date:April 1, 2006
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
At a time when so many pivotal education issues are closely tied to the performance of schools and NCLB policy, Schools That Work provides critical insight into how elementary schools must change to meet the increased demands of education for the 21st century.
Praised as the most accessible, readable and practical book on the market, Schools That Work combines renowned authors Dick Allington and Pat Cunningham’s expertise as educators with continuing commitment to foster expert teaching in the classroom. Their dynamic analysis of systematic school reform encompasses virtually all areas of elementary school organization. With the goal of turning readers into educated, informed decision-makers, Allington and Cunningham provide a clear and concise introduction to theories of school reform and include an organizational framework to accomplish this goal.
This new edition offers:
- A view of how schools must change if they are to meet the increased demands of education for the 21st century.
- Updated, expanded coverage of recent federal and state initiatives to help teachers address the problems of struggling readers and writers.
- A variety of activities for taking stock of the educational effort in school.
- New coverage of reading coaches.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.