A concise introduction to race and ethnicity in the United States
Based on the opening chapters of the best-selling Racial and Ethnic Groups by the same author, this text covers the major topics that anchor courses in multiculturalism, diversity, and race and ethnic relations.
Six main topics are covered:
- Theories and concepts in race and ethnicity
- Immigration in the U.S.
- The diverse population of the U.S.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning– MySearchLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking — Review Questions and Critical Thinking Questions at the end of each chapter help to reinforce key points and encourage students to think more deeply about the key topics of the chapter.
- Engage Students — The student-friendly narrative clearly explains each topic.
- Explore Theory —Research Focus boxed features highlight relevant research in the subject area of each chapter.
- Support Instructors — An Instructor’s Manual, Test Bank, PowerPoints, and the New MySearchLab with eText support instructors.
Note: MySearchLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySearchLab, please visit:
www.mysearchlab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MySearchLab (at no additional cost): ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205231624 / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205231621.