Sociology of North American Sport
- Buy New: $84.95
as of 5/19/2013 15:45 EDT details
- Sales Rank:1,030,153
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.6
- Dimensions (in):9.1 x 7.5 x 0.9
- Publication Date:July 8, 2008
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The authors are experienced text authors and former athletes and coaches. In Sociology of North American Sport, they bring a unique perspective to topics much on the minds of students, teachers, and young athletes. Sage and Eitzen offer a compact yet comprehensive and integrated perspective of sport in North American society.
New to this Edition
* More application of sociological approaches--functionalism, conflict theory, social interactionism, critical race theory--to specific chapter themes
* Expanded coverage of Native Americans, Latinos, Asians, and other groups
* Updated literature, statistics, and web resources throughout
* Expanded or new discussions of: the use of new media (including Twitter) in sports, substance abuse, including young amateur athletes, the global economic recession and its impact throughout sports and the body and gender in amateur and professional sports and in the media
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.