Criminological Theories: Introduction, Evaluation, and Application
- List Price:
- Buy New: $53.00
as of 10/24/2014 21:49 EDT details
- You Save: $13.95 (21%)
- Sales Rank:240,989
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):9.2 x 6.1 x 0.8
- Publication Date:October 26, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
With a focus on empirical evaluation and practical application, Criminological Theories: Introduction, Evaluation, and Application, Sixth Edition, helps students draw connections between criminological theory and practical applications.
In clear, engaging language, authors Ronald L. Akers and Christine S. Sellers explore each principal criminological theory using a three-part analysis:
* An Introduction presents a succinct exposition of the theory's central concepts, assertions, and hypotheses.
* Next, an Evaluation provides a detailed critique of the theory, with an emphasis on empirical validity.
* Finally, an Application extends the evaluation to determine each theory's relevance, as well as its potential for controlling and preventing crime and delinquency.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.