Criminological Theory: Past to Present: Essential Readings
- List Price:
- Buy New: $26.95
as of 9/1/2014 08:16 EDT details
- You Save: $50.00 (65%)
- Seller:Murray Media
- Sales Rank:12,826
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.5
- Dimensions (in):1.2 x 7.4 x 9.1
- Publication Date:March 19, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Criminological Theory: Past to Present--Essential Readings, Fourth Edition, offers the most comprehensive overview of classic and contemporary theories of crime.
Edited by leading scholars Francis T. Cullen and Robert Agnew, it presents a wide range of readings, including original theory pieces. A brief yet detailed introduction frames each Part (and each reading), providing students with a "road map" as they explore the ongoing intellectual developments, diverse views, and continuing debates in the field of criminological theory.
Building on the success of the third edition, the thoroughly updated and revised fourth edition includes:
* Eight new readings (each with its own introduction)
* Two new Parts (each with its own introduction): "Theories of White-Collar Crime" and "Putting Theory to Work: Guiding Crime Control Policy"
* For adopting instructors: A new Instructor's Manual on CD, featuring a Test Bank with multiple-choice and essay questions, learning objectives, key words, discussion topics and exercises, and PowerPoint lecture slides
Comprehensive enough for graduate students yet accessible enough for undergraduate students, Criminological Theory: Past to Present--Essential Readings, Fourth Edition, remains a solid introduction to the foundations of criminology--and to the competing theories that will shape thinking about crime in the years ahead.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.