Essentials of Engineering Economic Analysis
- List Price:
- Buy New: $36.74
as of 12/18/2013 22:24 EST details
- You Save: $48.26 (57%)
- Seller:Luminous Bookstore
- Sales Rank:1,550,963
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2
- Dimensions (in):9.3 x 7.4 x 1.2
- Publication Date:August 30, 2001
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Essentials of Engineering Economic Analysis, Second Edition, includes the first twelve chapters of the best-selling textbook Engineering Economic Analysis, Eighth Edition, (0-19-515152-6) by Donald G. Newnan, Jerome P. Lavelle, and Ted G. Eschenbach. This compact version introduces the fundamental concepts of engineering economics and covers essential time value of money principles for engineering projects. It isolates the problems and decisions engineers commonly face and examines the necessary tools for analyzing and solving those problems. Revised in 2001, the second edition focuses on the use of spreadsheets, teaching students to use the enormous capabilities of modern software. The majority of the chapters conclude with sections designed to help students create spreadsheets based on the material covered in each chapter. (The book's organization allows omission of spreadsheet instruction without loss of continuity.) This emphasis on spreadsheet computations provides excellent preparation for real-life engineering economic analysis problems.
· Over sixty-five new homework problems added to the ends of chapters
· Improved content and readability
· Greater emphasis on the use of spreadsheets in real-life situations
· Chapter 2, Engineering Costs and Cost Estimating--an entirely new chapter suggested by adopters--answers the question, "Where do the numbers come from?"
· An increased focus on the MACRS depreciation method with a new section on recaptured depreciation and asset disposal
· An updated section on after-tax replacement efforts in Chapter 12, Replacement Analysis
· Solutions Manual for Engineering Economic Analysis. This 350-page manual has been revised and checked by the authors for accuracy; all end-of-chapter problems are fully solved by the authors. Available free to adopting professors. (ISBN 1-57645-052-X)
· Compound Interest Tables. A separate 32-page pamphlet with the compound interest tables from the textbook. Classroom quantities are free to adopting professors. (ISBN 0-910554-08-0)
· Exam Files. Fourteen quizzes prepared by the authors test student knowledge of chapter content. Available free in electronic format to adopting professors. Call 1-800-280-0280 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Instructor Lecture Notes and Overhead Transparencies. Available free in electronic format to adopting professors. Call 1-800-280-0280 or send an email to email@example.com.
· Student's Quick Study Guide: Engineering Economic Analysis. This 320-page book features a 32-page summary of engineering economy, followed by 386 problems, each with detailed solutions. Available for purchase only. (ISBN 1-57645-050-3)
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.