The Fox; The Captain's Doll; The Ladybird (Penguin Classics)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $8.50
as of 4/24/2014 20:44 EDT details
- You Save: $7.50 (47%)
- Sales Rank:273,708
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):7.7 x 5.1 x 0.6
- Publication Date:November 28, 2006
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
These three novellas explore human relationships and the devastating results of war. In The Fox, a predator targets two young women living on a small farm during the First World War. The Captain's Doll explores the complex relationship between a German countess and a married Scottish soldier in occupied Germany. In The Ladybird, a wounded prisoner of war has a disturbing influence on the Englishwoman who visits him in the hospital.
* Uses the restored texts of the Cambridge edition
* Includes a new introduction, chronology, and further reading
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.