- Buy New: $77.76
as of 7/31/2014 04:36 EDT details
- Seller:Bennett Books Ltd (ships international!)
- Sales Rank:4,440,448
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):6.9 x 4.2 x 0.9
- Publication Date:March 27, 1980
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
But he was looking mostly straight below him, at the massed foliage of the cliff-slope. Down into the centre of the great, dull-green whorls of the tree-ferns, and on to the shaggy mops of the cabbage palms. In one place a long fall of creeper was yellowish with damp flowers. Gum-trees came up in tufts. The previous world!--the world of the coal age. The lonely, lonely world that had waited, it seemed, since the coal age. These ancient flat-topped tree-ferns, these towsled palms like mops. What was the good of trying to be an alert conscious man here? You couldn't.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.