Transfusion Medicine and Hemostasis, Second Edition: Clinical and Laboratory Aspects
- List Price:
- Buy New: $63.35
as of 9/30/2014 16:47 EDT details
- You Save: $26.60 (30%)
- Sales Rank:232,882
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.8
- Dimensions (in):8.9 x 6 x 1.6
- Publication Date:June 25, 2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
The second edition of Transfusion Medicine and Hemostasis continues to be the only "pocket-size" quick reference for pathology residents and transfusion medicine fellows. It covers all topics in blood banking, transfusion medicine, and clinical and laboratory based coagulation. Short, focused chapters, organized by multiple hierarchical headings, are supplemented with up to 10 suggested reading citations. This single reference covers essentially all the topics required to meet the goals and objectives of a major program in transfusion medicine and clinical coagulation.
New chapters in the coagulation testing section reflect the development of new tests available and their incorporation into clinical practice. Coverage includes essential updates on the importance of new cellular therapies, peripheral blood and bone marrow hematopoietic progenitor cells, as well as cord blood banking and regenerative medicine. The authors also examine advances in the understanding of molecular testing and pathogen reduction in two separate quality control chapters (one for blood centers and one for hospitals).
- Updated content covers new coagulation tests, cellular therapies, and quality control issues
- Easy to use, with focused, well-defined chapters in a standardized format throughout
- Offers quick "cross-reference" lists at the end of each chapter
- Includes lists of common abbreviations and indexes that cross reference diagnostic, clinical and therapeutic commonalities
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.