Herpetology, Third Edition: An Introductory Biology of Amphibians and Reptiles
- List Price:
- Buy New: $41.00
as of 7/22/2014 06:10 EDT details
- You Save: $42.95 (51%)
- Sales Rank:324,157
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):4.4
- Dimensions (in):8.5 x 1.3 x 10.9
- Publication Date:November 7, 2008
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This third edition, now fully revised and updated by two of Dr. Zug's colleagues, provides herpetology students and amateur reptile and amphibian keepers with the latest taxonomy and species developments from around the world. Herpetology is a rapidly evolving field, which has contributed to new discoveries in many conceptual areas of biology. The authors build on this progress by updating all chapters with new literature, graphics, and discussions-many of which have changed our thinking.
With a new emphasis placed on conservation issues, Herpetology continues to broaden the global coverage from earlier editions, recognizing the burgeoning reptile and amphibian research programs and the plight of many species in all countries and all biomes.
New information on the remarkable advances in behavioral, physiological, and phylo-geographical data provide students with the current research they need to advance their education and better prepare their future in herpetology.
* The latest taxonomy data
* End-of-chapter discussions for classroom use
* 90% new photographs, now all in full color for an enhanced visual representation
* Most recent information on the exciting and developing herpetological communities in Australia, Europe, Asia, South and North Americas
* New emphasis on conservation issues surrounding herpetology
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.