North and South (Vintage Classics)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $4.80
as of 3/15/2014 21:49 EDT details
- You Save: $5.15 (52%)
- Sales Rank:1,230,302
- Format:International Edition
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.9
- Dimensions (in):7.8 x 5.1 x 1.4
- Publication Date:May 28, 2008
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Milton is a sooty, noisy northern town centred around the cotton mills that employ most of its inhabitants. Arriving from a rural idyll in the south, Margaret Hale is initially shocked by the social unrest and poverty she finds in her new hometown. However, as she begins to befriend her neighbors, and her stormy relationship with the mill-owner John Thornton develops, she starts to see Milton in a different light.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.