Behavioral Medicine: A Guide for Clinical Practice, Third Edition
- List Price:
- Buy New: $24.98
as of 9/3/2014 01:55 EDT details
- You Save: $27.02 (52%)
- Sales Rank:132,641
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.6
- Dimensions (in):9.2 x 7.3 x 0.7
- Publication Date:November 27, 2007
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9780071438605
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
5 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"This is an extraordinarily thorough, useful book. It manages to summarize numerous topics, many of which are not a part of a traditional medical curriculum, in concise, relevant chapters. Physicians who do not understand the dynamics behind the doctor-patient relationship usually end up being poor doctors, and this book reviews the many behavioral issues that patients have that can affect this relationship. This is a very welcome addition to the medical education literature, and should be required reading for all practicing clinicians."--Doody's Review Service
Behavioral Medicine delivers practical coverage of behavioral and interactional issues that occur between provider and patient in everyday clinical practice. You will learn how to deliver bad news, how to conduct an effective patient interview, how to clinically manage behavioral issues in the dying patient, the principles of medical professionalism, behavioral issues in men's and women's health, and much more.
- Thorough but practical discussion of the scope of the physician-patient relationship
- Includes extensive use of cases and clinical vignettes
- Complete coverage of medical disorders that influence both physician and patient behavior in clinical practice
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.