Over the Edge of the World: Magellan's Terrifying Circumnavigation of the Globe
- List Price:
- Buy New: $5.96
as of 7/28/2014 07:39 EDT details
- You Save: $11.03 (65%)
- Sales Rank:8,094
- Format:Deckle Edge
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.9
- Dimensions (in):8 x 5.3 x 0.9
- Publication Date:November 2, 2004
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Paperback with ocean and sailing vessel scene. 458 pages
Ferdinand Magellan's daring circumnavigation of the globe in the sixteenth century was a three-year odyssey filled with sex, violence, and amazing adventure. Now in Over the Edge of the World, prize-winning biographer and journalist Laurence Bergreen entwines a variety of candid, firsthand accounts, bringing to life this groundbreaking and majestic tale of discovery that changed both the way explorers would henceforth navigate the oceans and history itself.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.